Group Climate Mitigation Strategy focuses on:
- Research and development to address impacts to climate
- Energy efficiency
- Co-processing of alternative fuels and raw materials
- Clinker substitution by cementitious materials
- Innovation in technologies and products
- Partnerships with the construction sector
We apply sector guidelines and the Cement Technology Roadmap, developed in 2009 with the World Business Council for Sustainable Development. Using a combination of technology and policy solutions, the Roadmap aims to reduce the CO2 emissions of the cement industry by 24% by 2050 compared to current levels. It focuses on collaboration – with governments and within the industry – to achieve this objective.
Through long-term partnerships with scientific institutions like the European Cement Research Academy (ECRA) we foster research and development of new technologies, methods and materials that will help us reduce our carbon footprint throughout the value chain, in line with the Paris Agreement on Climate Change (CoP21).